Highroad Riders monthly breakfast and ride

Home Forums Other Rides Highroad Riders monthly breakfast and ride

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Mike.Kronvold Mike.Kronvold 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

http://www.highroadriders.org/hrr-mens-motorcycle-breakfast

HRR does a monthly breakfast and usually a ride afterwards.  For those who haven’t been introduced High Road Riders is a Christian mens riding group based out of the Willow Creek Church (67 E. Algonquin Rd, South Barrington) at 8:30 am.  Dan Vallo is a member there and has been talking with them about us and they’ve extended an invitation to WSR to join them.

This week, after breakfast at the church, they are riding to Sycamore to The Threshing Bee (which is old coal and wood fired steam engines, lots of smoke and noise, etc ).  The Sycamore Steam Show & Threshing Bee is held on the Sycamore Fair Grounds.  $6 to get in.   This is an annual event that runs Thursday through Sunday for those who want to go watch steam powered tractors, mills and other machines do their thing.  Sounds like a hoot!

Breakfast is $5 (pancakes, eggs, bacon, tater tots, juice, coffee, etc.)

The Threshing Bee is optional and you can just go along for the ride and then head up to the JPMG Annual Pig Roast

You don’t need to be a member of the church… or any church for that matter… or even a Christian.  From what I’ve heard the motorcycle group generally leaves most of the spiritual matters at the church, but they’re definitely a good bunch of folk to hang around with.  Correct me if I’m wrong Dan.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.